Life skills are “abilities for adaptive and positive behavior that enable individuals to deal effectively with the demands and challenges of everyday life.” Life skills training is aimed at developing, honing and mastering the skills that help us become the best that we can be, with all that we have. It is the reaching for, and realizing of, our full potential as human beings.
We all want to live full, productive lives but, sometimes we just don’t know where to begin. There is so much information ‘out there’ that it can be overwhelming and hard to sort out. Depending on the problem, what seems to work for one person, may not necessarily work for everyone. There are so many different programs, strategies, and techniques that it’s hard to choose the right one. One thing, however, is certain. If we want to accomplish anything in life and realize our full potential, we must have some skills – in this case, life skills.
Where do you begin? You begin by establishing a firm foundation. That foundation is “you”. You must know who you are, what you want, and what you are capable of. You must then determine which values, goals and principles you will set up to guide your actions.
Why are these skills essential? Because without having developed them, you will always feel that something is missing in your life. What good is all the financial success in the world if you don’t have self-confidence or high self-esteem, know who you really are, what you want, or what you’re doing here? We’ve all witnessed many outwardly successful and famous people who have not been able to find personal happiness. No amount of fame or fortune could fill the void they felt inside.
Upon completion of this programme, the participants should:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the principles and concepts of emotional intelligence with respect to life and work relations.
- Analyze the role of emotional intelligence in interpersonal and intra-personal relationships in life and work situations.
- Analyze the impact of emotional intelligence on life and work interactions.
- Evaluating the own level of emotional intelligence in order to determine development areas.
- Develop their emotional intelligence (EQ)
- Enhance their self-awareness (own strengths & preferences)
- Build their self-confidence (self-worth & pride)
- Appreciate professional & responsible behavior (including assertiveness)
- Have better communication skills (social styles & flexing)
- Have improved listening skills (different types & utility)
- Know how to deal with “difficult people” skills (including conflict management)
- Have skills in dealing with limiting assumptions, perceptions & mental models
- Have sound thinking & questioning skills
- Possess self-management skills (short, medium & long term)
- Self-awareness and Mindfulness
- Life Balance – Nurturing all four areas of our life
- Emotional Intelligence Core competencies
- Johari window
- Myers Briggs Personality Test
- Locus of Control
- Being a victim of circumstances
- Or Being empowered and having internal power
Interpersonal Skills and Communication
- Developing polished interpersonal skills with staff and colleagues
- Giving negative feedback respectfully
- Receiving negative feedback gracefully
- Open and closed communication climates
- Listening Skills
- Communicating assertively
- Assertiveness test
- Demonstrating behavior that is direct, appropriate and respectful
- Dealing with aggressive people and bullies in the workplace
- Transactional Analysis
- Managing conflict effectively
- Learning to work with your manager effectively
- Showing appreciation
Understanding & managing our negative emotions
- Developing an emotional vocabulary
- Being attentive to one’s emotions
- Recognizing negative emotions
- Effective techniques for managing negative emotions
- Stages of emotional change in traumatic times
- Finding the gift in difficult times
- Resiliency: Bouncing back quickly after a setback
Developing a positive focus
- Focusing on your blessings
- Having an attitude of gratitude
- Living from a space of positive emotions
- Focusing on the good in your life
- The subconscious and spiritual intelligence
Self Confidence and Self-belief
- The deep appreciation of one’s inner beauty and unlimited potential
- Appreciating yourself
- Building self-confidence
- Believing in yourself
- Self-confidence assessment
- Life Skills Assessment
Life Purpose and Realization of Potential
- Building a stronger inner self
- Identifying your mission and soul purpose
- Focusing on your core genius, gifts, and talents
- Setting goals and objectives
- Visualization and Affirmation techniques
- Three obstacles to success:
- Considerations, fears & roadblocks
- Having an orientation for taking action
- Drawing up an action plan for achieving critical goals
All of our programmes are in the form of workshops and use flexible learning methodologies including physical exercises, group activities, video presentations, personal reflection, role play, and group discussion. Workshops are highly interactive in nature and facilitators are both insightful and engaging.